Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Incredible Travisa...




Today was a good day and I went to my appointment at the Indian Travisa Office at 316 East 53rd St, New York, NY. This Travisa office only processes Indian Visas. My appointment was at 9:20 AM and I must say that that my appointment went smoothly. When you walk up to the building, there is security and a line outside. Security checks you appointment time and you are either told to cut your cell phone off and go upstairs because it is close to your appointment time or you are told to wait online outside until it is closer to your appointment.

Once you reach the second floor you are greeted by a room full of INCREDIBLE INDIA campaign pictures, and a friendly multi-cultural yet efficient staff who check all of your documents at an initial check point. Everything moves quickly, because Travisa has you fill your Indian Visa application online.



Once you pass the initial check point you are sent to a second line to turn in your Visa application, Passport, 2 passport size photos and pay your Visa fee. I got a 6 month Tourist Visa and I only had to pay $76. There are no extra fees or outsourcing fees. My Visa application was sent to the Indian Consulate today (an email from Travisa about an hour after I left confirmed this) and my Visa will be available for pick-up tomorrow or Friday between the hours of 4:30 PM and 6:00 PM and I will be notified by email and a text to my cell phone when my Passport/Visa are ready for pick-up.

I loved going to Travisa in person and I loved the fact that I could hand my Passport over to them and not worry about mailing it in. I would highly recommend going into the Travisa office as they are definitely organized and make the process for getting an Indian Visa a smooth one.


Currently on Follistim :)

3 comments:

  1. The very, very best of luck on your road! Hoping for many good embies!
    Babydust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's almost time!!! I'm thinking about you this Christmas and hope you are able to enjoy time with friends and family without being too anxious! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete